Seventy-five years before the first commercial production of Oil and Gas in Louisiana, Chaffe McCall made its mark in the Louisiana legal field. Since early in the twentieth century, the firm has been sought out by clients in all aspects of the Oil and Gas industry. Our attorneys are thoroughly conversant with state and federal regulations of natural resources and the environment.
We provide advice to clients on credit issues relating to the natural resource business and oil and gas operations in particular. Chaffe McCall handles acquisitions and divestitures of oil and gas companies and their producing properties.
Services to oil, gas and other energy clients have included:
- Negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements
- Directing and participating in due diligence
- Negotiating, preparing and reviewing credit agreements
- Preparing, reviewing and handling all aspects of agreements that involve oil and gas producing properties
- Mineral leases
- Surface or subsurface agreements
- Unitization or pooling agreements
- Joint exploration agreements
- Seismic survey agreements
- Operating agreements
- Farmout agreements
- Participation agreements
- Drilling contracts
- Overriding royalty, net profits or production payment agreements
- Negotiating, drafting and handling agreements that involve the midstream energy business
- Title opinions
- Regulatory compliance
- Severance tax issues
- Assisting creditors and debtors in lien workouts
We have served as Louisiana counsel for Placid Oil Company, Placid Refining Company, Hunt Petroleum Corporation, Baker Hughes, Inc., Amoco, Libby & Blouin Ltd., Rosewood Resources, Inc., Halliburton, Omega Refining and Tana Exploration Company, LLC. We are also counsel for ORX Exploration, Inc., a Delaware corporation primarily involved in exploration and production.