Chaffe McCall’s dispute resolution group is comprised of attorneys with experience as both advocates and dispute resolvers in a wide variety of commercial disputes. We routinely represent clients in commercial cases under the rules of the American Arbitration Association, American Health Lawyers Association, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and the International Chamber of Commerce.
The Chaffe McCall dispute resolution attorneys are frequently retained to serve as mediators and arbitrators, to chair medical review panels and act as hearing officers in peer review hearings under the Healthcare Quality Improvement Act of 1986. These attorneys are experienced neutrals who have helped disputing parties resolve hundreds of conflicts in a wide array of cases involving labor and employment situations, matters arising under the National Labor Relations Act and resulting collective bargaining agreements, construction, business, maritime, and commercial issues, bankruptcies, insurance disputes, personal injury and property damage issues, tort cases, product liability claims, securities matters, contracts and all types of healthcare disputes.
- Served as arbitrator in numerous NASD and FINRA matters between customers and their broker-dealers involving allegations of unauthorized trading, churning, breach of fiduciary duty, failure to follow customer instructions, and in disputes between securities firms and their registered representatives.
- Served as mediator in a case involving dozens of oil and gas companies accused of causing substantial environmental damage
- Served as mediator in a managed care network dispute.
- Served as mediator or arbitrator in various maritime, automobile accident, and personal injury and medical malpractice cases involving serious injuries and death.
- Served as arbitrator under American Arbitration Association Employment Arbitration Rules.
- Served as a hearing officer in a peer review hearing involving a hospital and a suspended physician.
- Served as chairman of a three-arbitrator panel regarding a dispute involving ownership of rock quarries in Arkansas.
- Served as arbitrator for a dispute involving the duties and responsibilities of a third-party administrator of a 401(K) pension plan.
- Served as arbitrator regarding a dispute between the contractor, architect, engineer and the State of Louisiana involving the construction of the Zephyr Stadium in New Orleans.