Chaffe McCall represents a broad range of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers as regional and local counsel. Our understanding of pharmaceutical and medical devices complex litigation and technology allows our team to work efficiently with our clients to develop strategies for effectively resolving matters. Additionally, our representation of pharmaceutical clients has led to representation of related entities in matters involving agricultural science and veterinary science.
We counsel and defend our pharmaceutical and medical device clients in numerous areas including:
- Personal injury claims involving use of pharmaceuticals and medical devices, including multi-district litigation matters
- Mass torts and class actions
- State Attorney General sponsored litigation
- Tradename protection
- Pricing litigation
- Environmental claims
Chaffe McCall develops the best cost-benefit solution to meet the client’s business goals, which may include litigation, mediation, or settlement negotiations. Our attorneys are experienced trial lawyers, who are skilled in all methods of dispute resolution and have a reputation for successfully handling the most challenging cases. Consistent with our firm’s theme, our Pharmaceutical and Medical Device practice is “Devoted to Excellence.”
Examples of representations and our successes:
- In re Zyprexa Products Liability Litigation, MDL 1596 (Chaffe McCall successfully represented Eli Lilly in numerous claims by individuals who claimed that ingestion of Zyprexa caused personal injuries and claims by the Louisiana Attorney General for alleged consumer protection violations.)
- In re Baycol Products Liability Litigation, MDL 1431 (Chaffe McCall represented Bayer Corporation in successfully resolving hundreds of claims by individuals who claimed injuries as a result of ingestion of Baycol, many of which were dismissed by summary judgment)In re Genetically Modified Rice Litigation,MDL 1811 (Chaffe McCall served as co-trial counsel for Bayer CropScience L.P. in Bellwether claims by rice farmers for alleged contamination of the United States rice supply.)
- In re Phenylpropanolamine (PPA) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 1407 (Chaffe McCall represented Bayer Corporation in claims by thousands of Louisiana residents who claimed that ingestion of PPA caused their strokes. The vast majority of those cases were dismissed before trial with favorable settlements in others.)
- In re Boston Scientific Corp. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2326 (Chaffe McCall currently represents Boston Scientific Corporation as Louisiana counsel in medical device multi-district litigation.)
- Smith v. Cutter Biological, 770 So. 2d 392 (La. App. 4th Cir. 2000) (Chaffe McCall was part of the trial team that secured dismissal of plaintiff’s Factor VIII litigation claim based on a limitations defense.)
Boston Scientific Corporation
Eli Lilly and Company
Laboratory Corporation of America
Novo Nordisk, Inc.
Purdue Pharma L.P.