COVID -19 INTELLIGENCE
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, Chaffe McCall has created a cross-disciplinary team of attorneys to assist clients in dealing with the full array of COVID-19 legal concerns that could impact their business operations in several industries. Our goal is to give our clients the strategic information and advice they need to effectively and lawfully protect their employees and businesses during the pandemic and the reopening of commerce.
Chaffe McCall’s Bankruptcy Practice Group includes skilled professionals who take a hands-on approach to resolve disputes and claims arising from bankruptcy and financial restructuring issues. Our attorneys work to comprehend a client’s concern and are committed to finding creative solutions to resolve client issues in the most effective way possible. Working with related practice groups within the firm, our bankruptcy attorneys can provide a full array of legal services for clients experiencing financial difficulties or distressed financial circumstances.
Our Bankruptcy attorneys have represented a broad base of clients in connection with federal and state court insolvency proceedings, including:
- Banks and other secured creditors
- Insurance companies
- Utility companies
- Purchasers of assets
- Parties to leases, executory contracts, and license agreements
- Chapter 11 Unsecured Creditors’ Committee
- Debtors and debtors in possession in bankruptcy cases under Chapters 7, 11, and 13
The Bankruptcy Practice Group has experience with Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy trustees in connection with all aspects of their administration of bankruptcy estates, including:
- Sales of property
- Investigation and prosecution of preference, fraudulent conveyance and other avoidance action proceedings
- Prosecution of discharge complaints
- Objections to exemptions and claims
- Disgorgement actions
- Prosecution of substantive consolidation, alter ego, and single business enterprise remedies
- Confirmation of Chapter 11 plans
Our lawyers understand all aspects of bankruptcy law and have a comprehensive knowledge of the Bankruptcy Code. The Bankruptcy Practice Group includes a 13-year Adjunct Professor of Bankruptcy Law board certified in Business Bankruptcy Law, former law clerks to a bankruptcy judge and federal district judge, and lawyers that have received national and local recognition for their services in handling bankruptcy matters.