Corinne A. Morrison
Corinne Morrison is a skilled trial lawyer with vast experience trying judge and jury trials in both federal and state courts. Corinne heads Chaffe McCall’s commercial litigation section and serves as an arbitrator and mediator panelist for the American Arbitration Association. For over 30 years her practice has involved all aspects of business litigation issues including:
- Contract disputes
- Corporate and security devices
Corinne’s business litigation experience includes representing, among others, an American multinational automaker against group boycott and price-fixing allegations in its export activities. She has also acted as liaison counsel for seventeen liquor wholesalers in Louisiana in a massive 55-defendant antitrust action. Corinne successfully defended Chemical Bank in Solomon v. William F. Buckley and Starr Broadcasting against allegations of lender misrepresentation and failure to disclose. She acted as chief outside counsel for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Resolution Trust Corporation and the former Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation in connection with the receiverships of six failed Louisiana savings and loan associations. Her work included collection of obligations due the receiverships of more than 30 financial institutions, defense of borrower claims, as well as offensive litigation against former officers and directors, attorneys, accountants and fidelity bond companies.
Corinne was a law clerk to Judge Robert A. Ainsworth, Jr. on the U. S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal. She attended Tulane Law School where she served on the Tulane Law Review, was elected to the Order of the Coif and received the Rufus Harris Civil Law Award for her Law Review Comment. She graduated cum laude from Loyola University with a Bachelor of Social Studies in 1972. She has served as a member of the House of Delegates for Orleans Parish of the Louisiana Bar Association for over 15 years.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Featured as a 2022 Woman Leader in Law as part of the lawyer profiles in The American Lawyer & National Law Journal
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America ® for Commercial Litigation, 2019 and Arbitration, 2020-2021
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2014 to present
- Named as a “Top Lawyer” in Commercial Litigation and Tax Law by New Orleans Magazine,2014- 2018, Alternate Dispute Resolution, 2022, and was featured in an article as part of the lawyer profiles in November 2014. Read it here
- Named as City Business “Leadership in Law” Honoree, 2006
- Named as Magic 101.9 Radio’s “Leading Woman in Business,” December 2004