Partner Julie Livaudais Elected to Chaffe McCall’s Management CommitteePosted on Monday, June 20th, 2016 | Posted in Acknowledgements & Press Releases
Chaffe McCall, L.L.P. is pleased to announce that Julie Livaudais has been elected to the Management Committee
Julie Livaudais is a New Orleans Partner and the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Area Coordinator with over 30 years of executive and legal experience. As a new member of the Management Committee, she succeeds John Olinde, who has resumed his litigation practice within Chaffe McCall full time after serving as the firm’s Managing Partner for the last three years.
“I am honored to have been selected to lead our growing firm,” Livaudais said. “We have an experienced and energized group of attorneys who are providing exceptional service to our clients,and I look forward to showcasing the firm’s strength in several practice areas, in addition to our expanding employment practice.”
Highly respected in the legal and business communities, Livaudais is frequently called upon to advise clients concerning high-level, executive employment- related matters. She represents corporate clients ranging from local businesses to multinational corporations, as well as educational institutions and area nonprofit organizations in all phases of employment litigation. In addition, Livaudais is highly recognized for her professional and civic contributions:
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in Employment Law, 2007-2016
- Selected by SuperLawyers as one of the “Top 25 Women Lawyers in Louisiana,” 2013 -2016
- Named ‘2014 Women of the Year,’ by New Orleans City Business
- Selected as one of St. Charles Avenue magazine’s 2013 Activists of the Year
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2009 – 2016
- Named as a Top Lawyer in Labor & Employment Law by New Orleans Magazine, 2006 -2016
- Listed in Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers since 2012
- Selected for Leadership in Law class by New Orleans CityBusiness
- Chosen for Women of Fashion Prix de’Elegance Award in 2012
- Selected for Junior League of New Orleans – Sustainer of the Year in 2011
- Recognized by St. Elizabeth’s Guild as one of the “Top Ten Volunteer Activists for 2004”
In addition to her extensive work in the law and community, Livaudais brings a wealth of board experience to the Management Committee, including having served as:
- Board Chair of LCMC Health Hospital System
- Board President of the New Orleans Museum of Art
- Board Member of the Tulane Law School Dean’s Advisory Board
- Board Member of Children’s Hospital
- Board Member of Touro Hospital
- President of the Junior League of New Orleans
- Board Chair of Longue Vue House & Gardens
- Chair of the Board of Trustees of Metairie Park Country Day School
“Livaudais has been instrumental in building the firm and raising our client service to a new level. She has my complete admiration, and I look forward to her leadership as a member of our Management Committee,” said managing Partner E. Howell Crosby
For more information please consult –
About Chaffe McCall, L.L.P.
At Chaffe McCall we work with clients regionally, nationally, and internationally to address the challenges they face in numerous areas of law. Our attorneys are devoted to understanding our clients’ businesses and are known for successfully providing clients with practical legal guidance consistent with their interests and goals. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of legal services in a timely and cost-effective manner. Founded in 1826, Chaffe McCall LLP is Louisiana’s oldest full-service law firm, centrally located in downtown New Orleans with additional offices in Houston, Baton Rouge, and Lake Charles. The firm can be found online at www.chaffe.com.
In the last year, Chaffe McCall has added corporate and litigation capabilities to complement its real estate and admiralty practice. This year also marks the firm’s 190th Anniversary.