John M. Ribarits
John M. Ribarits is a Partner in the Insurance and Admiralty & Maritime practice groups with over 30 years experience. He is a seasoned attorney committed to leading these industry-specific practice groups to deliver strategic representation into each matter.
John handles both defense and insurance coverage matters involving multiple lines of business, with significant experience in:
- Jones Act
- Longshore & Harbor Workers Compensation Act
- Contractual defense and indemnity
- General casualty
- Products liability
He has helped resolve disputes through trial in both state and federal courts, negotiation, and arbitration.
John earned his Juris Doctor degree from Tulane University Law School and completed his undergraduate studies from State University of New York at Buffalo receiving a Bachelor of Arts, cum laude.
John is licensed to practice in Texas and Louisiana. He is licensed to practice before numerous courts, including, the Louisiana Supreme Court, Texas Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana and the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas.
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Contractual Liability, Energy Risk Symposium, Speaker (2011)
- “Oilfield Contracts & Anti-Indemnity Acts – A Basic Outline,” Seminar on Oilfield Contracts, Anti-Indemnity Acts, and Insurance Impacts of the Evil Twins: Rita and Katrina River, Speaker (2005)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Admiralty & Maritime Law, 2024
- Distinguished Rating in Martindale-Hubbell