Thomas D. Forbes
Thomas Forbes has devoted his over 35-year legal career to the representation of martitime clients as member of the firm’s Admiralty Section. Prior to joining Chaffe McCall, he served on active duty with the Coast Guard in both legal and marine safety assignments. Tom was an officer in the Coast Guard Reserve until retiring with the rank of Commander in 1994. He holds a Master’s License from the Coast Guard and serves on several maritime safety and advisory committees.
RECENT PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS
- Panelist speaker at Tulane Admiralty Law Institute, 2011
- Authored “Maritime Catastrophe Response” and “Marine Casualty Investigations,” Tulane Law Review1305 and 1363 (June 2011).
- Assisted in successful trials of two large maritime cases during 2010, in New Orleans, (Katrina Barge Case) and Philadelphia (In re: Petition of Frescati Shipping Co., Ltd.).
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Admiralty and Maritime Law, 2014- present
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyer, 2008-2019
- Named as a ‘Top Lawyer’ in Admiralty and Maritime Law by New Orleans Magazine. 2018
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- Member, New Orleans Municipal Yacht Harbor Management Corporation
- Member and Past Chair, New Orleans Port Safety Council