Mandy Mendoza Gagliardi
Mandy Mendoza Gagliardi focuses her practice on taxation of corporate and pass-through entities, tax credits, corporate transactions and litigation. Prior to joining the firm in 2008, she worked for an international accounting firm in their tax consulting services division.
Mandy has experience in representing real estate developers and counseling on the use of federal tax incentives for historic preservation, conservation contributions (facade easements), and New Markets Tax Credits. She has assisted clients in addressing the tax issues in conjunction with existing rental projects and the formation of successor partnerships to convert rental units into condominiums for resale. Mandy has also been instrumental in developing investment structures that facilitate the use of Motion Picture Tax Credits in the State of Louisiana.
Mandy has litigated matters in both federal and state court on subjects varying from corporate and taxation disputes to defending developers in complex litigation.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Tax Law, 2018 – present
- Named as a “Women of the Year,” by New Orleans City Business, 2017
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star,” 2012 – 2013
- Named as a Top Lawyer in Tax and Public Finance in New Orleans Magazine (2013)
- Professional Women of St. Tammany