D. Scott Landry
D Scott Landry’s practice involves primarily employment law and employment-related litigation. He is a Certified Public Accountant (inactive), a member of the Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants, and is also a frequent speaker on employment law topics.
He is a co-author of: “Walking the Fine Line on Employee Job Reference Information: New Law Provides Statutory Immunity to Encourage Disclosure by Former Employers,” 43 Louisiana Bar Journal 457 (1996). Scott is also a contributing author of: The Fair Labor Standards Act (1st Ed., 1999) which was published by the American Bar Association’s Section of Labor and Employment Law and BNA Books.
Scott is a member of the Federal Bar Association (Past-President, Baton Rouge Chapter), the Louisiana State Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section), the Baton Rouge Bar Association (Past-Chairman, Continuing Legal Education Committee), the Society for Human Resource Management, and the Greater Baton Rouge Society for Human Resource Management.
Scott received his Juris Doctorate degree from Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, and graduated cum laude from Nicholls State University in 1985, receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. While in college, he was inducted into the Nicholls State University Hall of Fame, is the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Labor Law, and was a Finalist in the Flory Trial Competition.
- “Sexual Harassment Prevention Training,” 29th Annual Workshop Sponsored by the Association of Levee Boards of Louisiana, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, May 1, 2014
- “Federal and State Employment Law,” Guest Lecturer, Human Resource Management Certificate Program sponsored by the Louisiana State University Division of Continuing Education, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, April 30, 2014
- “Employee Handbooks: The Must-Haves and the Nice to Haves,” 25th Annual Louisiana Conference on Human Resources, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, April 8, 2014
- “What are the DOMA Ruling’s Implications for the FMLA?” Imperial Calcasieu Human Resource Management Association Meeting, Lake Charles, Louisiana, January 9, 2014
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- BV Distinguished® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- Recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Labor Law
- Inducted into the Nicholls State University Hall of Fame