Zachary S. Miller
Zach Miller is a dedicated advocate for clients. As an associate in the Baton Rouge office, clients rely on Zach to deliver tailored litigation strategies for every situation. His practice spans many fields of litigation, including:
- Aviation & Space
- Labor & Employment
Prior to joining the firm, Zach served as a Judicial Law Clerk for Judge Shelly D. Dick at the United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana.
Zach earned his J.D. degree from Louisiana State University Law Center in 2019, where he served on the Board of Advocates and the Journal of Energy Law and Resources. Zach was one of ten students inducted into the Order of the Barristers due to his success in LSU Law’s advocacy programs. He also was awarded the National Championship, Best New Team, and World Semi-Finalist awards.
During law school, Zach interned for the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy and served as a law clerk for the Louisiana Solicitor General, where he aided attorneys with litigation before state and federal courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court. Zach coaches the LSU Law team for the Manfred Lachs International Space Law Moot Court Competition.
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Author, The Great Unknown of the Outer Space Treaty: Interpreting the Term Outer Space, 46 DENVER J. INT’L L. & POL’Y 349 (2018)
- Author, Space Settlement and the Celestial Subjectivity Model: Shifting Our Legal Perspective of the Universe, in 13 STUD. SPACE POL’Y 59 (EUR. SPACE POL’Y INST.) (ISBN No. 978-3-319-70433-3) (2017)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Order of the Barristers Inductee, LSU Law Class of 2019
- Best New Team, North American Champions, & World Semi-Finalists – Manfred Lachs International Space Law Moot Court Competition, LSU Law
- First Place Honors Thesis, LSU Discover Research Conference
- Best First-Year French Major Award, LSU
- American Legion Award, Catholic High School