Philip B. Sherman
As a partner in Chaffe McCall’s Business and Real Estate Section, Philip represents lenders and developers in the acquisition, financing, development and leasing of all types of developments, including:
- Office buildings
Philip’s experience also includes assisting clients in land-use planning, including zoning, subdivisions, and permitting. He has broad-based knowledge in the fields of general business and securities law, where he has assisted clients from starting a business to raising capital through private offerings.
Philip has also represented the local host committees in their negotiations to bring the 2017 NBA All-Star Game, 2022 NCAA Men’s Final Four and 2024 Super Bowl to New Orleans.
In 2015, Philip was appointed by the Conference of Court of Appeal Judges to serve a four year term as one of three attorney members on the Judiciary Commission of Louisiana.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law, 2018
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyers as a Rising Star, 2013-2019
- Named as a Top Lawyer in Real Estate in New Orleans Magazine, 2012-2017
- Named as New Orleans City Business‘ 2016 “Leadership in Law Honoree”
- Named as “One to Watch” by New Orleans City Business Magazine, 2014
- Judiciary Commission of Louisiana, Vice Chairman (2015-Present)
- Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation, Executive Committee Member (2009-Present), Chairman of the Board (2014-2015)
- New Orleans Bowl, Inc., Board Member (2012-Present)
- New Orleans Super Bowl Host Committee, Board of Directors
- New Orleans NBA All-Star Host Committee, Board of Directors
- Start the Adventure in Reading (STAIR), Board Member (2011 – 2015)