Katharine R. Colletta
As a partner with Chaffe McCall, Katharine Colletta focuses her practice in the areas of maritime litigation and general corporate defense and has represented Fortune 200 oilfield service companies in litigation and contractual matters. Katharine has further experience working on a wide variety of transactional matters, contracts, and general business matters, including contractual indemnity and insurance coverage issues.
Katharine has authored a successful brief in the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit regarding class certification and successfully opposed a writ of certiorari to the United States Supreme Court on that issue. She has also co-authored a brief in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit regarding circular indemnities created by multiple oil field services contracts and additional-insured status.
Katharine is an honors graduate of the University of Notre Dame, attended Tulane Law School. While in law school, she served as a judicial extern to the Honorable William H. Byrnes, Chief Judge of the Louisiana Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
RECENT PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS
- Panelist/Presenter, “Recent maritime decisions” and “Punitive damages,”2009 Maritime Update, New Orleans Bar Association, December 2009, New Orleans, LA
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2017-2019; Selected as a Rising Star in 2014 and 2015
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Oil and Gas Law, 2013-2018
- Named as a “Women of the Year,” by New Orleans City Business, November 2016
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- Named as a Top Lawyer in Admiralty, Maritime and Energy in New Orleans Magazine, 2013
- Junior League of New Orleans