Ifigeneia Xanthopoulou is an associate in Chaffe McCall’s New Orleans office, practicing with the firm’s Admiralty & Maritime and International practices. Her unique educational background allows her to provide quality legal counsel in the matters she handles.
As a native of Greece, Ifigeneia is fluent in Greek. She also has working proficiency in German. Prior to joining Chaffe McCall, she worked as a law clerk for the London office of one of the largest international law firms based in the United States. Prior to that, she practiced as a trainee lawyer in Thessaloniki, Greece for Karayianni Law Office.
Ifigeneia is an international lawyer with law degrees from three jurisdictions. While attending Tulane University Law School, she served as Maritime Law Fellow of the Tulane Maritime Law Institute and President of the Graduate Lawyers at Tulane (GLAT).
Ifigeneia is admitted to practice before the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana, and the Supreme Court of Louisiana. She is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association and the Federal Bar Association.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Evolution & Unification of the Federal Admiralty Rules & Federal Rules of Civil Procedure,” co-author, Tulane Law Review, Issue 5 of volume 92 (2018)
- “The O.W. Bankruptcy and the Resulting Legal Issues,” Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, Vol. 52, Issue 1 (Fall 2016)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Residential Training Course in P&I Insurance and Loss Prevention Certificate (with Distinction) by the North of England P&I Association
- Certificates by the International Group of P&I Clubs for successfully passing P&I Qualification Module 1 (“The Shipping Business”) and Module 2 (“P&I Insurance: History, Operation & Practice”)
- Harry F. Stiles, Jr. Scholarship in Maritime Law
- Best Oralist of the Greek National Rounds, Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Washington, D.C., 2014
- Best Prosecutor, 6th ICLN International Criminal Court Trial Competition, The Hague, The Netherlands, 2013
- Best Oralist, 8th Pan-Hellenic Student Rhetoric Championship, Athens, Greece, 2009