Philip B. Sherman
As a partner in Chaffe McCall’s Business and Real Estate Section, Philip Sherman represents lenders and developers in the acquisition, financing, development and leasing of all types of developments, including:
- Office buildings
Philip’s experience includes assisting clients in land-use planning, including zoning, resubdivisions, and permitting. He has broad-based knowledge in the fields of general business and securities law, where he has assisted clients in raising capital through private offerings.
In 2015, Philip was appointed by the Conference of Court of Appeal Judges to serve a four year term as one of three attorney members on the Judiciary Commission of Louisiana.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law, 2018
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyers as a Rising Star, 2013-2018
- Named as New Orleans City Business‘ 2016 “Leadership in Law Honoree”
- Named as a Top Lawyer in Real Estate in New Orleans Magazine, 2012-2016
- Named as “One to Watch” by New Orleans City Business Magazine, 2014
Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation
- Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation, Executive Committee Member (2009-Present), Chairman of the Board (2014-2015)
- New Orleans Bowl, Inc., Board Member (2012-Present)
- New Orleans NBA All-Star Host Committee, Board of Directors
- Start the Adventure in Reading (STAIR), Board Member (2011 – 2015)