Loretta O. Hoskins
Loretta Hoskins comprehends the complex stages of litigation and as a partner in the firm’s Commercial Litigation and Appellate Practice sections her experience has included matters involving:
- Contract disputes
- Lease disputes
- Business torts
- Lender liability defense
- Corporate and security device issues
- Collection matters.
Loretta also represents clients in all aspects of litigation involving railroad litigation, products liability litigation, defense of medical malpractice claims, and an array of insurance matters, including coverage issues and life and disability policy claims. In addition, Loretta has assisted clients with a variety of issues involving employee benefits, such as ERISA litigation involving both pension and welfare benefit plans. She appears regularly in state and federal district and appellate courts throughout Louisiana.
Loretta graduated cum laude from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, where she earned a Juris Doctor and a Common Law Certificate. While in law school, she was a member of the Journal of Public Interest Law and served on the Honor Board. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in from Washington University in St. Louis.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” for Business Litigation, 2017-2018
- Named as a “Women of the Year,” by New Orleans City Business, November 2015
- Named as “Ones to Watch” by New Orleans City Business, June 2015
- Named as a Top Lawyer in Medical Malpractice Law and Appellate Practice in New Orleans Magazine, 2012 – 2016
- Recognized by DRI in an article in The Voice for her leadership in the organization, May 2013; please click here to view the article.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Speaker, “Common Pitfalls in Dealer Agreements & A Brief Primer on Mergers & Acquisitions for Dealers,” Deep Southern Equipment Dealers Association 2018 Summer Conference
- “What is Decretal Language and Why is It Important for Your Judgment?”, Briefly Speaking (NOBA, Winter 2012).
- “Recent Amendment to Trademark Act Changes Rules for Maintaining a Trademark Registration”, The Whisper (DRI, June 2010).
- “Louisiana Jury Instructions for Product Liability Claims and Defenses”, Products Liability Advisory Council, Jury Instruction Handbook (September 2009), Co-Author.
- “Statutory Time-Periods Technical Amendments Act of 2009 and Time-Computation Amendments To The Federal Rules To Take Effect December 1, 2009”, The Whisper (DRI, September 2009).
- H.E.L.P. (Homeless Experience Legal Protection)
- Pro bono public defender for the Orleans Parish District Court
- Board member of the Loyola Law Alumni Association