Chaffe McCall’s work in the field of insurance coverage consists primarily of representing domestic and foreign insurers on a variety of types of coverage. We advise insurers regarding the extent of their coverage, and litigate coverage and bad faith claims on behalf of insurers and have experience drafting policies and wordings for insurers. Our lawyers have advised insureds regarding insureds in structuring their insurance coverge, often working closely with both the insured and the insurer to create policy wordings that maximizes the insured’s protection while minimizing the risk to the insurer as to third parties.
The insurance coverage practice at Chaffe McCall encompasses a myriad of issues that can occur when dealing with insurance companies. This includes representation on:
- Marine insurance claims, including Hull & Machinery, Protection & Indemnity, Builders’ Risk, Marine General Liability, and Excess Liability
- Energy insurance claims, including Control of Well and related coverages, Physical damage, and third party liability policies
- Environmental and natural resources liabilities
- Errors and omissions policies
- Financial insurance products
- First-party property losses
- Intellectual property
- Product liability
- Property and casualty lines
- Self-insured retentions
- Toxic and mass torts
- Workers’ compensation
Our sophisticated group of attorneys has represented insurance companies in federal and state insurance coverage and bad faith litigation involving matters arising under numerous policies, including commercial general liability, life and disability insurance and property/casualty policies. Our lawyers possess a breadth of knowledge in many specialty coverage areas and work closely with our clients to determine the most effective strategy for their business.