Philip B. Sherman
As a partner in Chaffe McCall's Business and Real Estate Section, Philip Sherman represents lenders and developers in the acquisition, financing, development and leasing of all types of developments, including:
- Office buildings
Phil's experience includes assisting clients in land-use planning, including zoning, resubdivisions, and permitting. He has broad-based knowledge in the fields of general business and securities law, where he has assisted clients in raising capital through private offerings. He was appointed as a member of the Judiciary Commission of Louisiana.
Phil received received his law degree from Tulane University and was a fellow of the Loyola Institute of Politics in 2007. He received his undergraduate degree from Southern Methodist University. He has been named a “Top Lawyer” in Real Estate by New Orleans Magazine 2012-2014, was listed as “One to Watch” by New Orleans City Business and was selected for inclusion as a “Rising Star” in Louisiana Super Lawyers.
Phil is admitted to practice in the federal courts of the Louisiana Eastern, Middle and Western Districts as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law, 2017
- Named as New Orleans City Business' 2016 "Leadership in Law Honoree"
- Named as a Top Lawyer in Real Estate in New Orleans Magazine, 2012-2016
- Named as "One to Watch" by New Orleans City Business Magazine, 2014
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyers as a Rising Star, 2013-2016
Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation
- Chairman 2014 - Present
- Treasurer 2011 - 2013
- Secretary 2010 - 2011
- Executive Committee 2009 - Present
- Board Member 2004 - Present
2013 New Orleans Super Bowl Host Committee
- Co-Legal Counsel 2011 - Present
Start the Adventure in Reading (STAIR)
- Board Member 2011 - Present
Young Leadership Council
- Member 2006 - 2010
- Inspector General Project, Co-Founder and Co-Project Leader, 2007 - 2008
- Proud To Call It Home, Co-Project Leader 2006 - 2007