Keith M. Benit
For over twenty years, Keith M. Benit has focused his practice on general business and corporate matters, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Contract law
- Construction law
Keith also has experience providing advice to clients on a wide range of operational and planning issues and has partnered with clients on matters involving mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, and dispositions. Keith's experience includes numerous construction projects representing both owners and general contractors, in state and federal disaster recovery projects and representation of a publicly-traded company with operations throughout the United States.
- Advised client in connection with acquisition and divesture of funeral homes, cemeteries and crematoriums and corporate consolidation of its business operations in several states.
- Experience in maintaining client's litigation monitoring program, reporting to senior management and managing outside counsel.
- Negotiating insurance agreements on behalf of clients with national insurance companies.
- Assisted client with the management and completion of trouble construction projects.
- Advised client with the sale of its marine industry business to a publicly-traded MLP.
- Regulatory compliance experience involving state insurance departments and funeral and cemetery boards.
- Served as counsel in defending a health care company in connection with a challenge to the State of Louisiana’s award of a significant state contract.
- Co-Speaker, "Consumer Bankruptcy: How Will Financed Cemetery Property be Treated - It Matters," Texas Cemeteries Association Convention, Ft. Worth, TX (May 2015)
- Speaker, "Louisiana’s Electronic Business Records Storage Act," Tri-State Cemetery Association Presentation
- Co-author and presenter, “Negotiating and Drafting Acquisition Agreements in Louisiana”
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Named as a Top Lawyer in Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions by New Orleans Magazine
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- Served as President and Treasurer (two terms) of the Board of Directors of the Youth Service Bureau of St. Tammany and Washington Parishes. Assisted CEO and CFO with budgeting issues and employment matters.
Served on the Pelican Park Advisory Board and as its president.