Keith C. Armstrong
Keith C. Armstrong has a strong foundation of experience in the areas of civil and construction litigation. As a partner in Chaffe McCall's Baton Rouge office, Keith has managed medical malpractice defense work for hospitals, healthcare groups, and individual healthcare professionals. He has litigated disputes across the entire spectrum of manufacture and production projects.
Keith is also a member of the firm's Health Care and Government & White Collar practice groups. He has worked on matters including:
- Personal injury defense
- Life and casualty defense
- Products liability
- Professional liability defense
- Workers' compensation and related matters
Keith has lectured on several topics and has co-authored articles on various corporate and securities law topics, including “Trial Tactics and Tips”, Paul M. Hebert Law Center of Louisiana State University and “Confidentiality of Medical Records in Louisiana”, Lorman Education Services. He is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel, the Defense Research Institute, the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, the Wex Malone Inns of Court, the Louisiana State Bar Association and the Baton Rouge Bar Association. He is an active member of the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Baton Rouge and Louisiana State Bar Associations.
Keith earned his law degree in 1991 from Louisiana State University Law School and obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in the field of Microbiology from Louisiana State University. He clerked for the Honorable William H. Brown, Chief Judge of the Nineteenth Judicial District Court and is admitted to practice in all Louisiana federal and state courts.
RECENT PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS
- Speaker, "Applying the Rules of Evidence: What Every Attorney Needs to Know," National Business Institute (December 15, 2011)
- Speaker, "Medical Malpractice From A-Z: Ethical Traps to Avoid," National Business Institute (October 1, 2010)
- Speaker, “Friend or Foe: The Patient’s Compensation Fund,” Louisiana State Bar Association (November 14, 2008)
- Speaker, "Using Medical Experts to Win Your Medical Malpractice Case: Preparing your Expert for Depositions and Trial," National Business Institute (March 28, 2008)
“Professional Liability Insurance: Are You Covered?” The Law Journal of the Greater Baton Rouge Business Report (1997).