Jonathan C. McCall
Jonathan McCall is a member of Chaffe McCall's Appellate Section, where his practice concentrates on briefing and arguing appeals and writ applications in a wide variety of civil cases in state and federal courts, including admiralty and maritime law, commercial litigation, insurance, employment law, railroad law, and products-liability actions. In addition to his appellate work, McCall works closely with trial counsel in district-court and arbitration proceedings to formulate strategies, file pre-trial and dispositive motions, and preserve issues for interlocutory and final appellate review.
RECENT PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS
- Founding Co-Chair of the Appellate Practice Committee of the New Orleans Bar Association (2010-12).
- Co-author, "Appeals: A District Court's Reasons for Judgment," New Orleans Bar Association's Briefly Speaking (Fall 2012).
- Co-author, "When Does the Time Period for an Appeal or Supervisory Writ Application Begin?" New Orleans Bar Association's Briefly Speaking (Summer 2011).
HONORS AND AWARDS
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- One of "New Orleans' Top Lawyers" by New Orleans CityBusiness (2005)
Named as a Top Lawyer (New Orleans Magazine 2009, 2012 and 2013) - Appellate Practice and Insurance.
Click here to see the feature article about Jonathan in the November 2012 issue.
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2007 -2010: One of four appellate lawyers named
- Greater New Orleans Educational Television Foundation (WYES-TV), Chairman of the board
- Friends of The Stables in Audubon Park, member
- Friends of Music in Audubon Park, member
- American Red Cross (Southeast Louisiana Chapter), former board member
- Tulane University Medical Center, former board member
- Tulane University Hospital, served as chairman of the board