Jonathan C. McCall
Jonathan McCall is a member of Chaffe McCall's Appellate Section, where his practice concentrates on briefing and arguing appeals and writ applications in a wide variety of civil cases in state and federal courts, including admiralty and maritime law, commercial litigation, insurance, employment law, railroad law, and products-liability actions. In addition to his appellate work, Mr. McCall works closely with trial counsel in district-court and arbitration proceedings to formulate strategies, file pre-trial and dispositive motions, and preserve issues for interlocutory and final appellate review.
RECENT PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Founding Co-Chair of the Appellate Practice Committee of the New Orleans Bar Association (2010-12).
- Co-author, "Appeals: A District Court's Reasons for Judgment," New Orleans Bar Association's Briefly Speaking (Fall 2012).
- Co-author, "When Does the Time Period for an Appeal or Supervisory Writ Application Begin?" New Orleans Bar Association's Briefly Speaking (Summer 2011).
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- One of "New Orleans' Top Lawyers" by New Orleans CityBusiness (2005)
- Named as a Top Lawyer (New Orleans Magazine 2009, 2012 and 2013) - Appellate Practice and Insurance. Click here to see the feature article about Jonathan in the November 2012 issue.
- One of four appellate lawyers named in the Louisiana Super Lawyers 2010
Jonathan McCall is a former member of the boards of the American Red Cross (Southeast Louisiana Chapter) and Tulane University Medical Center, as well as chairman of the Board of Tulane University Hospital. He is the chair of the board of the Greater New Orleans Educational Television Foundation (WYES-TV) and a member of the boards of Friends of The Stables in Audubon Park and Friends of Music.