John F. Olinde
For over thirty years, John Olinde has represented clients in a wide variety of civil actions and disputes. He served as the Managing Partner of Chaffe McCall (2012-2015) and is a current member of the firm's Management Committee. John focuses his practice on product-liability defense, including the defense of pharmaceutical and medical-device claims, and handling insurance matters, construction claims, and general casualty litigation. In addition, John works as regional and local counsel in the area of complex litigation and has been involved in more over a dozen different MDL matters.
RECENT PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS
- Speaker at the Annual DRI Meeting held in New Orleans on the topic "Civil Lawsuits Filed By State Attorneys General: Where Have We Been and Where Are We Headed?" (October 26, 2012) (Octobe (
- In re Genetically Modified Rice Litigation, U.S.D.C., Eastern District of Missouri, Civil Action No. 4:06-MD-1811-CDP (June-July 2010). Representation of Bayer CropScience in trial with national counsel in St. Louis, Missouri.
- R.R.B. v. Guidant Corporation, U.S.D.C., Eastern Dist. of Louisiana, Civil Action No. 06-2473 (June 30, 2009). Summary judgment granted and lawsuit dismissed in medical-device case on the basis of federal preemption.
- Brookshire Bros. Holding, Inc. v. Dayco Products, Inc. 554 F. 3d 595 (5th Cir. 2009), cert. denied, 172 L. Ed. 2d 578 (2009). Successfully argued an appeal that resulted in a discretionary-remand order that enjoined the plaintiffs' attempt to litigate in state court.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for Product Liability Litigation - Defendants and Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Defendants, 2012-2017
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyers,2007, 2013 -2015
- Named as a Top Lawyer in Product Liability and Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions by New Orleans Magazine, 2012 - 2014
- Named as City Business Leadership in Law Honoree, 2007
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected as Louisiana State University Law Center Hall of Fame, 1987
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Client Assistance Fund Committee, 1983 - Present
- Safety Net Committee, United Way, 2011 - Present
- Rotary New Orleans, President, 2015; President Elect, 2014 - 2015; Board of Directors, 2011 - 12; Secretary, 2012 - 13
St. Pius X Pastoral Council, 2008 - 12