John C. Saunders
John "Chip" Saunders has focused his career on effective representation in the areas of administrative, commercial, corporate, probate, estate-planning, and real-estate law. His experience includes working with clients to develop personalized estate plans that pass estates to families by means of reducing exposure to estate and gift taxes. Through his administrative practice, Chip has also handled adjudications as complaint and defense counsel, administrative appeals, rulemaking, and drafting legislation. He has been instrumental in the revisions to the Louisiana Dental Practice Act, working on behalf of several dental clients and over the legislative sessions since 2009.
After graduating from the Tulane University School of Law, Saunders worked closely with M. Truman Woodward in the revision and editing of Woodward's Notarial Forms and served as law clerk to the Hon. William Redmann of the Louisiana Fourth Circuit Court of Appeal.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Named as a Top Lawyer in Business and Commercial Transactions and Administrative/Regulatory Law by New Orleans Magazine
- Listed in Who's Who in American Law, and is a Life Member of the National Registry of Who's Who in America
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell.
- Commission of the New Orleans City Park Improvement Association, served as a Park Commissioner
- Board of the Friends of City Park, served as Legal Advisor, Vice-Chairman of the Legal Committee and President
- Boy Scouts of America, former scoutmaster and received the National Eagle Scout Association's Scoutmaster Award
- Boy Scouts of America: Pontchartrain Division, served on the Executive Committee
- United Cerebral Palsy, 2001 Volunteer of the Year
- Tulane University Law School Professionalism Orientation of incoming freshmen, served as an Invited Judge for its annual Moot Court competitions, including the Mardi Gras Invitational