J. Dwight LeBlanc
J Dwight LeBlanc is a partner in Chaffe McCall's Admiralty section where he approaches each matter with the goal of being a valued resource and partner to clients. Before joining Chaffe McCall, he served in the U.S. Army JAG Corps. LeBlanc is a skilled litigator who brings more than a decade of experience providing legal strategies related to admiralty law throughout the Gulf of Mexico coastal region. He has served as member of the firm's Management Committee, as the firm's managing partner, and as head of its Admiralty section.
RECENT PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS
- United States v, Citgo Asphalt Refining Co. et al, Civil Action No. 08-cv-2898 – Represented Citgo Asphalt Refining, Co., which was exonerated of all liability after a four-month trial in Philadelphia Federal Court. The Third Circuit reversed on appeal, and the matter is currently on petition for writ of certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Admiralty and Maritime Law, listed for over 20 years
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2007 -2016
- Tulane Admiralty Law Institute, Advisory Committee, served on the Board from 1994 -2008
- Tulane Law School Dean's Council, 1997-2004
- Tulane Medical Center's Advisory Committee, member from1998 -2002
- World Trade Center Board of Directors, former member and Chairman of its Transportation Committee
- World Trade Center, Advisory Committee member and served as President in 2007
New Orleans Port Safety Council, served as Chairman