J. Dwight LeBlanc
J Dwight LeBlanc is a partner in Chaffe McCall's Admiralty section. Before joining Chaffe McCall, he served in the U.S. Army JAG Corps from 1961 to 1964. Mr. LeBlanc has served on the firm's Management Committee, as the firm's managing partner, and as head of its Admiralty section.
RECENT PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS
United States v, Citgo Asphalt Refining Co. et al, Civil Action No. 08-cv-2898 – A team from Chaffe, including Mr. LeBlanc , represented Citgo Asphalt Refining, Co., which was exonerated of all liability after a four-month trial in Philadelphia Federal Court. The Third Circuit reversed on appeal, and the matter is currently on petition for writ of certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America ® 2014 for Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2007 -2015
- Tulane Admiralty Law Institute, Advisory Committee, served on the Board from 1994 -2008
- Tulane Law School Dean's Council, 1997-2004
- Tulane Medical Center's Advisory Committee, member from1998 -2002
- World Trade Center Board of Directors, former member and Chairman of its Transportation Committee
- World Trade Center, Advisory Committee member and served as President in 2007
- New Orleans Port Safety Council, served as Chairman