Ivan M. Rodriguez
Ivan Rodriguez heads the firm’s Houston office and is a seasoned litigator who provides effective legal counsel to clients. He regularly handles litigation matters involving foreign entities or arising in foreign jurisdictions. In addition, his practice encompasses a wide variety of litigation matters, including:
- Marine/offshore casualties
- Insurance defense and coverage
- Personal injury
- Premises liability
- Breach of contract
- Products liability
- Oil pollution/environmental
- Labor and employment
- professional malpractice.
As a native of Bogota, Colombia, he is fluent in both English and Spanish, and his language capabilities have proven invaluable to clients throughout the course of his legal career. Ivan earned his J.D. degree from Louisiana State University Law Center and a B.S. in Finance from Louisiana State University.
RECENT PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS
- Presentation at the Ocean Marine Claims Forum in New York addressing marine and energy insurance coverage issues entitled "Wording Pitfalls to Avoid: How to Keep Claims Managers (Instead of Lawyers) Happy."
- Faculty member of the International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy held annually at Stanford Law School.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Hispanic Bar Association of Houston - Consejos Legales Award
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell