H. Michael Bush
Michael Bush is a member of Chaffe McCall's Labor & Employment Section in New Orleans. As a partner with over 20 years' experience, he is a trusted counselor to a longstanding and diverse clientele of domestic and international corporations, business owners, and individuals on the wide array of legal and regulatory issues affecting employers and professionals today, including those arising under the:
- National Labor Relations Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- Americans With Disabilities Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Family Medical Leave Act
When litigation becomes necessary, clients have come to depend upon his skilled advocacy as a first-chair trial attorney who has successfully prosecuted and defended civil actions, including appeals, in federal and state courts nationwide – as well as in a variety of mediation and arbitration forums. He likewise appears regularly before federal administrative agencies such as the:
- National Labor Relations Board
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Department of Labor:
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Prior to joining the firm, Michael served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable G. Kendall Sharp, United States District Judge for the Middle District of Florida.
RECENT PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS
- Successful defense of union-organizing campaign on behalf of a major petroleum refinery; unanimous vote in favor of management interests.
- Secured summary judgment on behalf of major hospital operator, defeating federal claims of age and sex-based discrimination; affirmed on appeal.
- Successfully defended construction-industry executive against $1 million+ claims for breach of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements; affirmed on appeal.
- Collective-bargaining negotiations on behalf of major regional oil refinery.
- Multiple published decisions strengthening and defining Louisiana's statutory restrictive covenants.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- National Chairman-elect, AGC Labor & Employment Law Council; 2017-18 term
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2014-2016
- Named as a "Top Lawyer" in Labor & Employment Law by New Orleans Magazine, 2010-2016
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell, since 2004
- Guest Lecturer on Labor Law, Tulane University
- Board Member, Loyola University College of Law Alumni Association
- Member, West St. Tammany Chamber of Commerce
Member, Advisory Board of KID smART