Edward N. George
Edward George is a Partner in the New Orleans office Chaffe McCall. He has advised clients in a variety of industries in connection with acquisitions and divestures throughout the United States and in South America, Europe, and Australia. He has served as General Counsel to publicly traded and private companies and has negotiated transactions in a wide variety of business contexts. In addition to his work in mergers and acquisitions, George advises corporate clients regarding litigation, regulatory compliance, finance, and human resource issues. He also advises individual clients on estate planning and other tax issues. He has served on or advised the boards of several community and non-profit organizations.
RECENT PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS
- Advised clients in connection with hurricane-related insurance claims and re-construction of nationally recognized restaurants in New Orleans and Houston.
- Served as counsel in Stewart Enterprises, Inc. v. RSUI Indemnity Co., Inc., 614 F.3d 117 (5th Cir. 2010), assisting client in the development and presentations of evidence, argument, and resolution of multi-million dollar claims.
- Advised client in connections with national and international acquisition and divestiture of funeral homes, cemeteries, and crematories.
- Advised clients in connection with acquisition and divestiture of oil field service and supply, international logistics, and other businesses.
- Advised clients in connection with the formation and start-up of solar energy design, internet-based retail, and software-development businesses.
- Advised the Board of Trustees of community mental-health services provider regarding formation of stand-alone clinic, on-going regulatory compliance, and strategic alliance with federally qualified health center.
Co-Speaker, "Consumer Bankruptcy: How Will Financed Cemetery Property be Treated - It Matters," Texas Cemeteries Association Convention, Ft. Worth, TX (May 2015)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2010 - 2016
- Selected as a Legal Elite for Mergers and Acquisitions by The Corpoate America, 2015
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for Corporate Law, 2007-2016
- Named as a Top Lawyer in Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions by New Orleans Magazine
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
Served on the boards and executive committees of:
- New Orleans City Park Improvement Association
- Trinity Counseling and Training Center
- Trinity Episcopal Church
- New Orleans Katrina Memorial Corporation