Daniel A. Tadros
Daniel A. Tadros works closely with employers and individuals to help navigate clients through complex legal matters related to the maritime and shipping industry. He is the Practice Area Coordinator for the firm's Admiralty and International Sections and focuses his practice on providing both domestic and foreign clients with tactical advice and guidance to help achieve their overall objectives.
Drawing on years of litigation experience, Tadros has also assisted clients in the areas of insurance defense and admiralty law, including:
- Marine/Offshore casualties
- Personal injury
- Marine insurance
- Carriage of goods
- Maritime liens
- Oil pollution/environmental criminal matters
Tadros has been consecutively selected as a “Top Lawyer,” in the areas of Maritime law and International Law, by New Orleans Magazine and in January 2015, he was interviewed by Lawyer Monthly for a piece entitled "Expert Insight On Litigation,” on the most common disputes and challenges involved in litigation against foreign companies. He has also been listed as a member of the Leadership in Law Class by New Orleans CityBusiness, based on his professional achievements and community contributions.
Tadros received a B.A. degree from the University of Florida, where he was a member of Florida Blue Key Leadership Honorary and Phi Delta Theta Fraternity. He received his J.D. from Loyola University College of Law in 1992, where he served as President of the Student Bar Association.
Tadros is fluent in Modern Greek and is admitted to practice before the U.S. Fifth and Sixth Circuit Courts of Appeal and the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana, the Supreme Court of Louisiana, and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
He is a member of the New Orleans, Louisiana State, Federal and American Bar Associations, as well as the Maritime Law Association of the United States.
- "Vessel status: Floating dockside casino is not a vessel under the Jones Act or general maritime law," Journal of Maritime Law and Commerce, Vol. 26, No. 4, page 630 (1995)
- "International Arrest, United States," Shipping & Transport Lawyer International, Vol. 2, No. 3
- "Bet Your Lien and Roll the Dice: Maritime Liens and Riverboat Gambling," 6 University of San Francisco Maritime Law Journal 49 (1993)
- "COGSA Section 4(5)'s Fair Opportunity Requirement: U.S. Circuit Conflict and Lack of International Uniformity; Will the U.S. Supreme Court ever Provide Guidance?" 17 Tulane Maritime Law Journal 1 (1992)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Selected for inclusion in Louisiana Super Lawyers,2016
- Named as a Top Lawyer in Maritime Law and International Law and Arbitration in New Orleans Magazine (2012 - 2016)
- Named as New Orleans City Business' 2012 "Leadership in Law Honoree"
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- National Advisory Board, Admiralty Law Institute at Tulane
- Advisory Board, Loyola College of Law Maritime Law Journal
- Member of the Board of Directors, New Orleans Board of Trade
- Member, American Hellenic Chamber of Commerce
- Part-time Faculty Member, Loyola University School of Law
- United States Soccer Federation National "D" licensed coach and member of the coaching staffs of Louisiana Fire Soccer Club and Jesuit High School
- Former President and longtime member of the Board of Directors of Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Community of New Orleans
- Former President and member, American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA)
Former President and member of the Board of Directors for the Loyola University School of Law Alumni Association.